As you may have noticed, we have put up temporary plexiglass on the counters of the reception desk. This is to protect you from our staff, and our staff from you. Since you can be asymptomatic for up to 14 days prior to experiencing symptoms, no one knows who has it, so every person needs to proceed as if we, ourselves, have the virus, and should take precautions to protect others from getting it from us.
We are trying to protect our staff , our other customers, our families, and you and your loved ones. at the same time taking care of your pets, and providing income for our staff and ourselves. Therefore, the precautions we had in place before are still in place, but modified some. The Omicron variant seems to be slowing down, but the BA.2 variant is now spreading, so this is the plan for now.
We do have some rules that everyone must follow when in our clinic.
- Wearing a mask is optional at this time.
- If you, or someone you have been in contact with has Covid-19, or has been in contact with someone who has been, please call and reschedule.
- Please respect the 6-foot social distancing rule.
- We prefer only one person per visit. If you bring other people, they need to wait outside, or in the car.
- We will take your pet from you in the waiting room, and the doctor and the tech will go into an exam room without you. You can wait in the waiting room (chairs are spaced at least 6 feet apart). When the doctor has questions, they will open the door and come out and ask. When finished, Dr. Spiess will speak with you about what he has found, and will create a plan of care with/for you.
- We are scheduling extra time between appointments to clean and disinfect even more than usual to keep you/us safe.
- If you need to purchase food, flea/tick, heartworm preventatives, prescriptions, etc., you can call ahead, place your order, and we do encourage you to pay for it over the phone. Then when you come to get it, it's already packed up for you and you can just grab it and go.
- Thank you so much for your kindness, your understanding, and your compliance with the rules. They are as much for you as they are for us!